STAND WITH ME
Stories of Dogs Saving Lives (a fundraising photography book project)
Highlighting the incredible bond between dog & human, and how this connection saves lives.
More and more people are struggling with mental health, and not everyone can afford care. If you want to be a part of the solution, join me in supporting Bigger Than The Trail in its mission to enrich the lives of those struggling with mental health.
It’s no secret that dogs can lift people’s moods. For those struggling with their mental health, dogs are often lifesavers. This project celebrates those dogs that are enriching people’s lives. Some examples include:
- dogs adopted as pets only to become much more for their humans
- service dogs
- family dogs doing something heroic
- working dogs
I’m looking for people who have a dog that is enriching their life.
What is Stand With Me?
Stand With Me is a fundraising photography project run by Jan Bezzo of Shadow Dog Photography. This project is for any dog with a strong bond with an adult or child (and a story about this important connection).
This project is your opportunity to have beautiful and meaningful portraits of you or your child, and your canine best friend. Together we can help those struggling with their mental health.
I’m donating 100% of all participation fees, and 5% of all product sales, to Bigger Than The Trail. This organization provides funding for mental health counseling for those in need.
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE.
Once the book is filled, applications will close.
Scroll down to learn about costs, inclusions, and availability.
Once all sessions are completed, I’m publishing a hardcover coffee table book. Stand With Me: stories of dogs saving lives will be a collection of stories and beautiful images celebrating the incredible (and sometimes ordinary) ways that dogs enhance lives.
How does it work?
Sessions will take place on the 10-acre property at Shadow Dog Photography in Whitewater, WI.
- A 30 minute outdoor portrait session available on weekdays and very limited weekends (value $450)
- A double page spread in the Stand With Me book, featuring a photo of your dog and highlights from your story
- A private image reveal and ordering appointment with access to exclusive Stand With Me artwork packages as well as my regular artwork offerings
- The option to upgrade to a full session, including the whole family and/or other dogs (not in the book) – $300 (reg. $650)
- The chance to be the winning image for the book cover
- $100 donation (for one dog)
- Additional dogs for the book (from same family and in same portrait session) are $50 each
- Upgrade to a full, longer, more flexible session, to include family and all other dogs in the same household – $300 (reg. $650)
What’s Not Included:
- Photos taken during your session are not included. At your reveal appointment you’ll see many beautiful portraits of your dog(s) and family (if they join you). You may purchase artwork, albums, prints and digital files. Exclusive packages and upgrades are available for Stand With Me participants.
- Stand With Me books will be available within the special packages or can be purchased on their own for $75. Remember that 5% of all sales will be donated to Bigger Than The Trail to provide funding for those needing mental health counseling. Learn more about regular pricing and products here.
How to Apply for a Spot:
Complete the application form on this page and then we’ll chat on the phone to discuss the opportunity to participate.
What to Expect:
I’m Jan, and I’ll be photographing your dog. Dogs (and their humans) are my specialty. Understanding a dog’s body language helps me know when your pup is comfortable, and when he needs his space or needs to take a break.
Your Portrait Session
Your session will take place on our 10-acre property at Shadow Dog Photography in Whitewater, Wisconsin.
Think of this more as an adventure – I want you and your canine best friend to have an incredible time. You can relax, knowing that your pup doesn’t have to be perfectly obedient. In fact, most of my dog models are far from obedience champions!
If you opt for the full session, we might visit our fenced-in field so your pup can safely run and play. Action shots are a fun bonus.
How to Prepare
We’ll have a Zoom call to chat about your session. We’ll discuss who’ll be in your session, outfits, how to best prepare your pup, and more.
- You (or your child) will be part of a published book, so you must be willing to grant me permission to use your images online and in print
- Bigger Than The Trail will receive 100% of your $100 donation and 5% of all product sales
- The Stand With Me $100 donation for one dog ($50 for each additional dog) is required to secure your session, and is non-refundable
- Full terms and conditions will be available for review during the booking process
- Participants can enter the competition for the final book cover image